Nominations are accepted from chairs or directors. Multiple nominations from a department, center or program will be accepted. Lecturers should be distinguished in their fields and should be outstanding speakers who can address general audiences effectively. Nominations of individuals from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in their fields are particularly welcome. In addition to presenting a public talk, each lecturer generally meets in more informal settings with faculty and students of the nominating department.
Nominations should be addressed to the appropriate divisional committee and sent to Michaela Aust (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The annual application deadline will be 15 December.
Each nomination letter should be a single .pdf and should:
- describe the nominee’s academic achievements
- describe measures taken to consider nominees from groups under-represented in the field
- identify the type of audience the nominee is expected to attract
- name the individual(s) in the department who will arrange logistics of the visit, Hilldale Lecture, and related events
- name a department administrator who will administer Hilldale funds supporting the Hilldale Lecture and the presenter’s visit (please see Guidelines for Host Departments)
- list co-sponsors (as appropriate)
- include a copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae (if available)