The Office of the Secretary of the Faculty will work with the deceased faculty member’s department chair to identify a memorial resolution committee. The memorial will be presented at a Faculty Senate meeting and the document kept as a historical record of the professor’s contributions to the university. Please contact Gideon Elliott to schedule the presentation. Faculty Senate meets on the first Monday of the month February-May and October-December at 3:30 pm in 272 Bascom Hall.
The memorial resolution committee should provide the following to Gideon Elliott approximately two weeks in advance of the Faculty Senate meeting presentation.
- Memorial resolution (two page maximum single-spaced)
- One hundred word abstract (one minute presentation to be read by one of the committee members)
- Photograph of faculty member
- Names of faculty member’s next of kin who may be invited to attend the Faculty Senate meeting
Eligibility for a Memorial Resolution:
- Granted emeritus status and held a faculty title at the time of retirement (professor, associate professor, assistant professor). Faculty who held an administrative title at the time of retirement must have served as a faculty member prior to holding administrative positions in order to be eligible.
- Passed away with an active appointment with one of those titles.
New Memorial Resolutions since 1988
|wdt_ID||Senate doc no||Name||Date of Birth||Date of Death||Home Department||secondary home department|
|1||2824||Bringe, Allan, Professor Emeritus||1935||2018||Dairy Science|
|2||2825||Karpat, Kemal, Professor Emeritus||1923||2019||History|
|3||2826||Sykes, William Stuart||1930||2019||Anesthesiology|
|4||1386||Matthews, Charles G.||1930||1988||Neurology|
|5||2790||Dretske, Fred, Professor Emeritus||1932||2013||Philosophy|
|6||2791||Barresi, Anthony, Professor Emeritus||1978||2017||Choral Music Education|
|7||2792||Boom, Roger Wright, Professor Emeritus||1923||2018||Engineering|
|8||2793||Baughman, James L.||1952||2016||Journalism & Mass Communication|
|9||2794||Hachten, William Andrews, Professor Emeritus||1924||2018||Journalism & Mass Communication|
|10||2801||Dott, Robert H., Jr., Professor Emeritus||1929||2018||Geoscience|
|Senate doc no||Name||Date of Birth||Date of Death||Home Department||secondary home department|