The Office of the Secretary of the Faculty will work with the deceased faculty member’s department chair to identify a memorial resolution committee. The memorial will be presented at a Faculty Senate meeting and the document kept as a historical record of the professor’s contributions to the university. Please contact Gideon Elliott to schedule the presentation. Faculty Senate meets on the first Monday of the month February-May and October-December at 3:30 pm in 272 Bascom Hall.
The memorial resolution committee should provide the following to Gideon Elliott approximately two weeks in advance of the Faculty Senate meeting presentation.
- Memorial resolution (two page maximum single-spaced)
- One hundred word abstract (one minute presentation to be read by one of the committee members)
- Photograph of faculty member
- Names of faculty member’s next of kin who may be invited to attend the Faculty Senate meeting
Eligibility for a Memorial Resolution:
- Granted emeritus status and held a faculty title at the time of retirement (professor, associate professor, assistant professor).
- Passed away with an active appointment with one of those titles.
Past memorial resolutions:
Memorial resolutions: Faculty Senate, Oct 1998-May 2010
Memorial resolutions: Faculty Senate Oct 1996-May 1998
Memorial resolutions: Faculty Senate, Oct 1992-May 1996
Memorial resolutions: Faculty Senate, Oct 1988-May 1992
Memorial resolutions: Faculty Senate, Jan 1946-May 1988
Provided file /var/www/vhosts/wiscweb.wisc.edu/httpdocs/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2020/11/With-Dates-Memorial-Resolutions-Index-December-1998-present.xls does not exist!