II-600 INSTITUTIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES
INSTITUTIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES (see UWS 8.035.)
- The committee consists of twelve members appointed by the chancellor from names submitted by the University Committee and the Academic Staff Committee or its delegate as specified under the Academic Staff Rules. In selecting members of the committee, the value of having different perspectives represented on the committee shall be taken into account. A majority of those selected should be knowledgeable about, or have experience in, outside activities.
- Four members shall be selected each year to serve three-year terms.
- Provides to any member of the unclassified staff and to the administration consultation and advice on the application of UWS Chapter 8.
- Committee deliberations and actions upon requests for consultation or advice shall be in meetings not open to the public. Records obtained in connection with requests for consultation or advice shall be considered confidential university information.
- Summaries of advice provided by the committee, without disclosing the identities of persons requesting such advice, shall be made public in an annual report.
- The committee may form panels of at least three persons each. An order of rotation shall be established for the panels and requests for advice shall be assigned to the panels in sequence. When a request for advice is received the chair shall decide whether the request should be heard by the full committee or assigned to one of the panels.