A. MEMBERSHIP. The Advisory Committee to the Office of the Dean of Students shall consist of the following members:
1. Four faculty members appointed for three-year terms.
2. Four students.
3. Two academic staff members.
4. The dean of students, ex officio nonvoting.
5. A nonvoting representative of the administration appointed by the provost.
B. FUNCTIONS. The Advisory Committee to the Office of the Dean of Students advises the dean of students, the Faculty Senate and the administration on aspects of student life not part of the formal instructional program of the university. The committee:
1. Recommends, encourages and evaluates programs and policies that support a positive learning environment and student learning outside the formal instructional program.
2. Recommends, encourages and evaluates programs and policies regarding the student social environment including issues of conduct, health and safety, harassment, and substance abuse.
3. Studies and makes recommendations regarding student academic and nonacademic misconduct and related policies, rules, and procedures. The committee does not hear or consider whether an existing policy or rule ought to be applied in any individual case.
4. Advises the dean of students on organization and priorities for programs under her/his direction.