A. MEMBERSHIP. The Committee on Women in the University shall consist of the following members:
1. Six faculty members appointed for three-year terms.
2. Six academic staff members appointed for three-year terms.
3. Six university staff members appointed for three-year terms.
4. One graduate student and one undergraduate student.
5. One postdoctoral scholar (research associate, postdoctoral fellow, or postdoctoral trainee), appointed by the Office of Postdoctoral Studies (VCRGE).
6. The Vice Provost for Diversity and Climate and the director of the Office for Equity and Diversity, ex officio, non-voting.
7. The chair shall be elected from among the faculty members appointed pursuant to section A.l. Academic staff appointed pursuant to A.2. may be elected to serve as co-chair. University staff elected pursuant to A.3. may be appointed to serve as co-chair.
1. Recommends to administrative offices and governance bodies changes in university priorities, policies, practices and programs that would improve the status of women.
2. Collaborates and consults with administrative offices and governance bodies to more fully support gender equity, employee engagement, an inclusive and respectful culture, and diversity.
3. Evaluates and monitors the status of women employees at the university.