A. MEMBERSHIP. The Lectures Committee shall consist of the following members:
1. Four faculty members, one appointed by each divisional executive committee for a four-year term.
2. One academic staff member.
3. One student.
4. One academic dean, appointed by the provost.
The chair shall be appointed by the University Committee from among the faculty members.
1. Considers requests for lectures of general interest that are not primarily supplementary to or extensions of programs of instruction provided by colleges, schools, or departments. Application for lectures within the jurisdiction of the committee may be made by departments or other groups of faculty members.
2. Recommends annually to the chancellor a budget for its activities.
3. Exercises such control over the announcement of lectures as it deems necessary and desirable.