1. Five faculty members appointed for three-year terms.
2. Two academic staff members appointed for three-year terms.
3. Two university staff members appointed for three-year terms.
4. One postdoctoral scholar (research associate, postdoctoral fellow, postdoctoral trainee), appointed by the Office of Postdoctoral Studies (VCRGE).
5. One graduate and two undergraduate students, appointed by the recognized student governance organization.
6. A representative appointed by the Chief Diversity Officer, ex officio, non-voting.
7. The Dean of Students or a designee appointed by the Dean of Students, ex officio, non-voting.
8. The Director of the LGBT Studies certificate, ex officio, non-voting.
9. The chair shall be elected from among the faculty members appointed pursuant to section A.1. Any voting member of the committee may be appointed to serve as co-chair.
1. Recommends to administrative offices and governance bodies changes in university priorities, policies, practices, and programs that advance equity and diversity across the spectrum of gender identity and expression and sexual orientation.
2. Consults and collaborates with administrative offices and governance bodies to advocate for an inclusive and respectful campus climate and culture for faculty, staff, and students across the spectrum of gender identity and expression and sexual orientation.
3. Evaluates and monitors the status of GLBTQ members of the university community.