A. MEMBERSHIP. The Committee on Faculty Rights and Responsibilities shall consist of the following members:
Nine faculty members elected by the faculty at large. At least one and no more than three members shall be from a single division. Three members shall be elected each year to serve three-year terms.
1. Deals with allegations of faculty misconduct referred to it by the vice chancellor for academic affairs and provost and makes recommendations in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 9.
2. Serves as the review committee on nonrenewal decisions. It shall function in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 7 and UWS 3.08.
3. Serves as the hearing committee in cases of layoff due to financial emergency (as defined in UWS 5.02). It shall function in accordance with the provisions of UWS 5.12 and 5.13 and Chapter 10 of these rules.
4. Serves as the hearing committee in dismissal cases. It shall function in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 9.
1. In addition to the provisions in UWS 4.06, members of the committee may disqualify themselves from participation in any hearing because of a conflict of interest or because of unavailability for the duration of the case before it.
2. If any members of the committee disqualify themselves, or are disqualified, the University Committee shall select replacements for that particular hearing from among members of the university faculty, except when the disqualifications have occurred after the hearing has commenced. Any such disqualification does not create a vacancy on the committee, but the replacement member(s) shall sit on the committee until termination of the case.