A. MEMBERSHIP. The Committee on Committees shall consist of the following members:
1. Ten members: four elected by the Faculty Senate from the current membership of the senate (one from each faculty division); two appointed by and from the University Committee; and one member from each faculty division appointed by the respective divisional executive committees.
2. The members elected by the Faculty Senate shall serve four-year terms which may extend beyond their terms in the senate.
3. The members from the University Committee shall serve one-year terms and may be reappointed.
4. The members appointed by the divisional executive committees shall serve four-year terms. Members from the Arts and Humanities, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences Divisions shall be appointed in sequential years. Appointments for the following year shall be submitted by February 1.
1. In accordance with 6.02.A., appoints faculty members of Chapter 6 committees unless other provision for selection is made.
2. Appoints chairs of appointed Chapter 6 committees after such consultation with the chancellor or provost as may be appropriate.
3. In accordance with 6.06.C., nominates two faculty members for each place to be filled by faculty election on an elected Chapter 6 committee. Its nominees shall be announced at a meeting of the senate in February. Additional nominations may be made from the floor at that meeting. The election shall be held as specified in 6.06.
4. With the assistance of the secretary of the faculty, maintains a record of each faculty member’s service in governance and other information relevant to the selection of faculty for committee service and other governance responsibilities.
5. The Committee on Committees members from the University Committee shall not participate in the selection of the nominees for the University Committee.
6. The two members from each faculty division shall meet with their respective divisional executive committees at least once each year to discuss selection of faculty for governance service.