German, Nordic, and Slavic+ Executive Committee Department Meeting on 9/9/2020 at 3:45 PM
Meeting will take place remotely. Join Zoom Meeting: https://uwmadison.zoom.us/j/95734316562?pwd=Y3o1TWI4VXBRUEdicmhrTGJER3JYQT09 Meeting ID: 957 3431 6562 Passcode: 663563
0. Minutes approval: March, April, June meetings 2020
(see GNS+ > EC > EC Meeting September 9 2020)
1. Motion related to FP&P 5.22 Delegation of Authority of the Executive Committee and PR&P
a. Invitation or renewal of invitation to academic staff to vote and participate in
departmental meetings as allowed in 5.10.;
b. Invitation or renewal of invitation to academic staff to participate in annual preference
balloting for departmental chair as allowed in 5.10.;
2. Motion related to FP&P 5.22 Delegation of Authority of the Executive Committee to delegate
to Chair budget authority as outlined in the GNS+ Policies and Procedures (i.e., with input of
Personnel Committee and Budget Committee, and with all but minor budgetary decisions
presented to and voted upon by the EC)
522.A. The executive committee may, by annual vote, delegate to a subcommittee or to the
chair the authority to make recommendations with respect to… the following matters:
nonfaculty personnel actions;
equipment and supplies.
3. Move to go into closed session. (Additional Zoom link provided to EC members)
4. Personnel briefing
5. Report and possible motions from the Personnel committee regarding sabbatical requests and
probationary faculty tenure committees.
6. Move to come out of closed session.
7. Move to adjourn.
Open with a closed session
Earliest start time of closed session will be: 4:00
Section 19.85(1)(c). Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance data of any public employee over whom the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility (Example: Consideration by a departmental executive committee of job applicants, performance reviews, teaching evaluations or merit increases)