Thursday, 23 April 2020
11:45 a.m. Registration; Noon-1:30 p.m. Lunch & Conversation
Banquet Room, The University Club (803 State Street)
1. What were your biggest surprises – both pleasant and less pleasant – about your first year experience? Tell us about your best experience at UW-Madison in your first year.
2. What has helped you feel “at home” in your school/college? In your department? What could we do differently to help you acclimate to the community?
3. How would you describe your experience in navigating the research and scholarship resources available at the university and in your unit? What resources would you like to see more of? Less of?
4. Tell us about your teaching experience. What met your expectations and what didn’t? Did you engage in a faculty development program such as MTLE, Blend@UW, TeachOnLine, or some other program? If not, why not? If so, how did it work, and was it worthwhile?
5. Do you have the information you need about UW-Madison’s tenure process? Has your department assigned a mentor or guidance committee? An evaluation committee?
6. What do you wish you had known coming in, and what can we do to ensure that other new and incoming faculty know it?