The Committee for GLBTQ People in the University is a shared governance committee (FPP 6.02.) with functions established in Faculty Policies & Procedures (FPP 6.40.).
- 1. Recommends to administrative offices and governance bodies changes in university priorities, policies, practices, and programs that advance equity and diversity across the spectrum of gender identity and expression and sexual orientation.
- 2. Consults and collaborates with administrative offices and governance bodies to advocate for an inclusive and respectful campus climate and culture for faculty, staff, and students across the spectrum of gender identity and expression and sexual orientation.
- 3. Evaluates and monitors the status of GLBTQ members of the university community.
Committee members are appointed in accordance with Faculty Policies & Procedures (FPP 6.05. and FPP 6.40.):
- 1. Five faculty members
- 2. Two academic staff members
- 3. Two university staff members
- 4. One postdoctoral scholar (research associate, postdoctoral fellow, postdoctoral trainee), appointed by the Office of Postdoctoral Studies (VCRGE)
- 5. One graduate and two undergraduate students
- 6. A representative appointed by the Chief Diversity Officer, ex officio, non-voting
- 7. The Dean of Students or a designee appointed by the Dean of Students, ex officio, non-voting
- 8. The Director of the LGBT Studies certificate, ex officio, non-voting
- 9. The chair shall be elected from among the faculty members appointed pursuant to section A.1. Any voting member of the committee may be appointed to serve as co-chair.
Committee on Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues
Committee on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Issues
Committee for GLBTQ People in the University