The Committee for Women in the University is a shared governance committee (FPP 6.02.) with functions established in Faculty Policies & Procedures (FPP 6.56.).
- 1. Recommends to administrative offices and governance bodies changes in university priorities, policies, practices and programs that would improve the status of women.
- 2. Collaborates and consults with administrative offices and governance bodies to more fully support gender equity, employee engagement, an inclusive and respectful culture, and diversity.
- 3. Evaluates and monitors the status of women employees at the university.
Committee members are appointed in accordance with Faculty Policies & Procedures (FPP 6.05. and FPP 6.56):
- 1. Six faculty members appointed for three-year terms.
- 2. Six academic staff members appointed for three-year terms.
- 3. Six university staff members appointed for three-year terms.
- 4. One graduate student and one undergraduate student.
- 5. One postdoctoral scholar (research associate, postdoctoral fellow, or postdoctoral trainee), appointed by the Office of Postdoctoral Studies (VCRGE).
- 6. The Vice Provost for Diversity and Climate and the director of the Office for Equity and Diversity, ex officio, non-voting.
- 7. The chair shall be elected from among the faculty members appointed pursuant to section A.l. Any voting member of the committee may be elected to serve as co-chair.